Halftime Update: Break Up the Birds!
Halftime score: 29-13 Boston College
Raise your hand if you saw this coming from the Boston College Eagles:
- 29 points (29!), more than they scored in 9 regular season games
- A Patrick Towles touchdown reception
- A Harold Landry one-handed interception
In a game where some expected suffocating defense, explosive offense has been the story of the first half in the Quick Lane Bowl.
Some numbers to tell the story of an exciting half:
- Towles: 112 yards, 2 TD – 0 INT
- BC: 106 rushing yards, 1 TD (Jon Hilliman)
- Completions to 5 different receivers, including some newer faces (Jake Burt, Korab Idrizi)
- Eagles defense: 4 sacks, 7 tackles for loss
The negative? Poor special teams. The Eagles have had a PAT blocked, missed another, and nearly gave a punt return away on a muff that was recovered by Tyler Rouse.
The Eagles start the third quarter with the football, and lots of confidence in their red-hot offense.